Sunday, March 26, 2017

Perdition, Chapter 7 Teaser



I stand abruptly, thinking this is a massive mistake, and stride quickly away from him, away from the sunshine and flowers of a park in an ordinary world. I know what truly lies beneath, and it is not good. It's the epitome of evil, and I can't entangle Edward in my web of deceit. I won't be the black widow again, luring him in only to feast on his implicit faith in me.

“Bella, wait!” I hear his voice just before I hear his feet pounding behind me, and his hand grabs my shoulder, forcing me to spin and face him. I don't know what I must look like, but I can feel the warmth of the tears tracking down my cheeks. He's so close, so close, and my gut is churning at the expression in his eyes. It's all too familiar, and I don't have the strength to back off as he lowers his head, his soft lips touching mine for a brief kiss. It stuns me, this display of anything besides hatred, and from the look on his face, he feels the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment