Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Ex Delicto, Teaser Chapter 29

I was buoyant as we swung our hands between us. “You're my lobster,” I commented.

Edward looked at me with his brows raised. “Your what? Are you saying you're hungry?”

I laughed, thinking that he'd missed out on that particular pop culture reference while being a studious nerd. “It's a reference to the myth that lobsters mate for life. I am hungry, though, so I say Chinese takeout so we can binge watch Friends.”

“Whose friends are we watching?”

“Oh, hell no.” I checked his face, and the corners of his mouth twitched. “I knew it!”

“I've seen a few episodes, and I know which one you're referring to. There are plenty of animals that mate for life, by the way. Wolves, owls, penguins, for example. And swans.”

“Good to know,” I grinned.


2 comments:

  1. Wednesday is my second favorite day of the week and Ex
    Delicto my favorite story. Can't wait.
    Love the picture at the top of the page. Forgive me if I lovingly lift it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! That's the Perseid meteor shower over the Olympic mountain range. :)
    I'm so glad you enjoy my stories. I enjoy hearing from you reach time.

    ReplyDelete