Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Ex Delicto, Teaser Chapter 31

“Sweetheart, why don't you back up and start from the beginning?” I took his closest hand and rested it on my cheek, urging him to focus on me.

Edward blew out a breath. “Okay. You know how I didn't give all the money away, like we agreed?”

“Yes. I wondered about it, but I didn't want to ask.” I bit my lower lip. “Did you do something crazy? Because you totally should do something at least a little nuts.”

“I did a lot of things. I gave Mom that money, and she split the first portion with Dad since it's only fair. The rest she's spending on herself. And I set up the scholarships.”

Not only had Edward paid his mother for the money she'd spent on attorneys, he'd given her another five hundred thousand dollars to do with as she wished. She was looking at taking classes to update her skills on computer software, and then opening her own advertising firm. She was finally happy, and I think it had been an incredibly long time since she'd felt that way.

He declined a paid position at the IP, requesting that Lara use the salary for someone else on staff. It was no coincidence that both Liam and Leah received anonymous scholarships in an amount equal to tuition for their remaining years at law school.



2 comments:

  1. The End, even it is a HEA, is just a little hard to take when we got to it with blood, sweat, tears, peace , love, joy and fell in love with some of the characters and want to know what they do in the ever after.

    ReplyDelete