Sunday, April 23, 2017

Perdition, Teaser Chapter 11

Then

“Make love to me,” I implored. I needed him to comfort me more than ever.

His brows disappeared into the shaggy hair hanging in his face. “You don't want to talk?”

“I don't want to talk,” I assured him as I scooted closer, winding my arms around his neck and kissing him deeply. I needed a balm for the ache, a distraction from the storm brewing at my house. I wanted to forget.

His hands moved to my shirt as we kissed frantically, unfastening the small pearl buttons before running his fingers over the exposed skin. Frissons ran along my skin and raced up and down my spine; this was known, familiar and welcomed. Edward was my home, and I needed that solidity now more than ever. I pushed his hair out of his face and then grabbed it.


2 comments:

  1. "Then" is feeling good for Monday.
    Does that mean I should have a bad feeling about "Now".
    Love a teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answer is that the events coming before this teaser in "Then" are what's to be feared. "Now" is not at all bad.

      Delete