Monday, November 6, 2017

Right Where I Want to Be Chapter 42

I turn and gape at him. “Your sister? You didn't tell me she was coming!”

“Surprise,” he mutters as she steps into the studio.

“Hi, and welcome to Cherry Bomb! I’m Rose, and this is Bella.” Leave it to Rose to just plow on.

“Hi.” She gives a little wave as she stares at me, then her eyes dart to Edward at my side. “I’m Alice.”

“It’s so nice to meet you,” I say, feeling like my voice is stuck in my throat.

“You, too.” Alice looks around. “Did you just open the doors?”

“Yeah, we’re hoping for a crowd, but if not I guess we’re shakin’ it for you,” Rose laughs.

My gut clenches for more than one reason. “Edward told me you recently got engaged,” I venture.

Alice beams. “I did. Will you be his plus one?”

I look at Edward, and find him gazing at me. “Of course she will.” He looks back at his sister. “Are Uncle Carlisle and Aunt Esme coming by?”

I inhale so sharply I choke on my own spit. Rose and Edward both hover over me as I cough, while Emmett guffaws a few feet away. I glare at him as I clear my throat again. “You, shut it.”

He merely laughs harder.

“The last I heard, they were on their way, yes,” Alice answers. “I think Uncle C is just interested in the half-naked women,” she laughs.

I catch Edward’s frown. “Really?”

“No, silly. He’ll probably meet everybody and then head down to the coffee shop.”

While Edward had mentioned his mother’s sister and her husband, I didn't know they lived in the area, or that they were coming today. That leaves me with more butterflies than I care to admit. But, if it means he’s going to let them back into his life, then that makes me happy. He’s shut himself out for so long, he really needs the reminder of who he actually is. He is not Edward, Sr., may he rot in hell.

“Hey, look.” I look up at Rose, then out to the parking lot where she’s pointing. “There are a couple of cars pulling in.” She grins. “Time to kill it, bitch.”

I roll my shoulders. “Time to kill it,” I echo.



2 comments:

  1. I wonder if those customers are there because of Esme.

    ReplyDelete