Friday, July 20, 2018

FAÇADE Chapter 18


It's okay for you to hate me for all the things I've done
I've made a few mistakes, but I'm not the only one
Was there ever any question on how much I could take?
You kept feeding me your bullshit hoping I would break
You will never see what's inside of me
I pull you under just to save myself

~Five Finger Death Punch, Coming Down

When I had a screaming match with Carlisle.

BPOV

I left my house without saying a word to anybody. Edward wouldn't understand what I was doing, or what I’d done in the past. I drove my own vehicle, a Mercedes sedan that I kept in a garage at the back of the property. I didn't want to risk being recognized at any point in time.

The ostentatious house came into view, and I squinted as I pulled into the driveway. Why Carlisle had picked this old place with its hideous decor was beyond me. I used the keypad to open the gate, the guard nodding at me as I passed. They knew me by now, and it was rare that I was stopped on the way in to see my godfather. It was an ironic title, but it was what it was. He fulfilled the role the best he could for a man involved in illegal activities trying to keep his goddaughter away from a life of crime. There was nothing he could do about me, a thought that made me laugh out loud as I got out of my car and went in through the laundry room.

“Carlisle?

“In here, Bells. Have you eaten?”

His cook was plating what looked like waffles and strawberries, so I accepted a serving and sat at the breakfast table in the nook by the window. There was a bit of sunlight struggling to break through the clouds, giving the area a warm glow. Carlisle’s head was bent over the newspaper, coffee cup in hand.

“How is your morning going?” I asked him.

He looked up with a smile. “Nothing too strenuous just yet, but it’s still early. How about you?”

I took a bite of waffle, looking at him as I chewed. “Sucks,” was all I answered. I wanted to make it through breakfast before throwing shit on his proverbial fan.

“I’m glad you could join me for breakfast. What made you decide to come over?”

I accepted the coffee that his cook set by my elbow and stirred it in silence for a minute. Finally, I met his gaze and answered his question. “We have to have a serious talk.”

His expression changed from the easy going father figure to the ruthless mob boss. “What about, Isabella?”

“None of that Isabella stuff. Eat your breakfast, then we’ll talk.”

He stared at me for about thirty seconds, apparently thinking he could force me to change my mind. That shit didn't work on me because my will was always stronger.

“Fine,” he muttered, going back to the paper and eating his food.

I couldn't remember the name of his cook, but I thought it was Maria. He had more than one, and I’d only seen her twice before. She was good, though. She didn't hover like some of the staff, which was helpful since I was sure there would be raised voices in a few minutes.

When Carlisle and I were both through, he set his fork on his plate and leveled me with what he thought was an intimidating stare. “Out with it.”

I sighed, not thrilled with any of this. “Garrett didn't make it.”

His fist hit the table. “What happened?”

“I didn't know Emmett’s men had armor piercing bullets, that’s what happened. One went through his chest and the vest was nothing in comparison.”

“And yourself?”

I looked at the table. “Shot in the thigh.” The wound throbbed as a reminder.

“Fuck, Bella, you could have gotten yourself killed. Why didn't you just let me do it?”

I looked up then, into the face that I loved as much as I’d loved my own flesh and blood before he was taken from me. “Because I’m trying to keep you clean. So far all they have is known associations, Carlisle. I can’t have you caught up in murder.”

“But you’re willing to go down for it all? How is that going to work out?”

I took a deep breath. “I always have a plan, you know that.”

“And?”

“And I’m in bed with a fed.” I waited for the explosion, the realization that the term was as literal as it was figurative.

“What the goddamn motherfucking hell were you thinking, Isabella?” There was the shouting I’d expected. He stood rapidly and came to stand over me, but I stood, too, so we were almost face to face.

“It’s not my fault that he crept in here and nobody else noticed! I knew I had to figure out how to use him to our advantage, goddammit! He would have turned us all in and we’d all be going to prison! I did what had to be done, just like I always do!”

“And who the fuck did I let slip by me? You might as well tell the truth, because you know I’ll go digging now and you can't hide it from me!”

I looked away for a second before straightening my shoulders and looking him dead in the eyes. “Tony Di Stefano is actually FBI Agent Edward Masen.”

Fuck!” I watched as he paced away from me and threw something against the wall. He came back with fury painted on his face. “He has to die, Isabella. He took the oath of Omertá knowing what it meant, knowing what he is!”

Matching fury pumped through my veins. “You’ll do no such thing! He’s an asset, for fuck’s sake! He helped me with Jimmy and he’s looking the other way while I take care of your goddamn bastards!”

He growled. “So now we let feds in our Family and pretend they aren't the threat we know them to be? Are you out of your mind? No wonder you moved in with him, he's fucking you just like the boys accused him and getting a free pass. Your judgement is clouded!”

“Don't you ever question my judgement. I've been through the pits of hell to save your ass.” I spoke softly, the words having all the more impact. He knew exactly what I was referring to, and he’d be smart not to bring it up again.

He sighed quietly. “You're right, Bells. I’m more sorry than you’ll ever know for what they did to you behind my back. Every day I think of what I should have done differently.”

“Your guilt doesn't fix things, action does. So I’m letting Jasper take out Emmett, but then I don't know how to take down Jasper. He’s cunning, Carlisle, he’ll figure it out and see me coming a mile away.”

“What was your original plan for him?” he asked, going to the coffee maker and refilling his cup.

“I was going to have Tony—Edward help me, but I can’t keep asking him to break the law. He has a conscience, unlike the rest of us. I’ve pushed him so far away while trying to protect him that I don't know if he’ll ever help me again.”

He threw his free hand up in the air. “You’re making my point for me. Why are you involved with him personally? You're going to get all of us killed because he’s good in bed? Fuck that! We strike while he’s not looking, we take him out and make it look like a hit!”

“We can't do that, are you fucking kidding me? I don't want to rain hell down on us, I’m trying to save us!” My voice had gone back up to an uncontrollable level.

“It doesn't look like it from here! It looks like you're covering your own ass while you're out for revenge!”

“You and I both know those two have to die! If for no other reason than for Gianna’s betrayal! God fucking dammit, Carlisle, you sure can't make up your mind about what’s right and what’s wrong in your world! You don't have morals but you expect the rest of us to?”

“You leave Gianna out of this!” His nostrils flared as he yelled at me. Her name was forbidden, but it was past time to discuss it out in the open.

“How can I possibly, when she’s the reason we agreed the two of them have to go? Have you really never told them?”

“I’ve never told anybody! Do you think I enjoy knowing that my wife betrayed me not once, but twice? Fuck, Bells, I had to put on a smile and raise them as my own! I had to watch as they treated you like shit because they thought their lineage bought them certain rights when it actually bought them jack shit!”

“Then why do you get pissy over the idea of me killing them?” I yelled.

“Because I’ve been there for you since you were born, and goddammit Bella, you’re more my child than those two heathens! I’ve tried to protect you, and sometimes I’ve failed, but that doesn't mean I’ll stop trying! You have to get out from under the fed, it's for your safety as much as anybody else’s. Just let me take care of it, okay?”

“You can't! You can't have anything to do with any of it, or your future goes out the window!”

“Bella, you can't possibly think that keeping a fed in your pocket will work forever or that it'll somehow save me! He needs to die!”

“Like fuck he does! This conversation is over, and so help me if anything happens to him, I’ll know it was you!”

“Are you threatening me, Bella? You’re out of control, and all over a fed! Are you—”

I love him!” I bellowed as loudly as I could.

We stood there in the kitchen, our breathing coming out in pants, and the silence deafening me. Carlisle stared at me like an insect under a microscope. He turned away from me, his shoulders slumped in defeat. “Do you have any idea what you’ve brought down on our heads, Bella? You’re a criminal, you can't have a future with a federal officer.”

“If you think I don't know that, then I’m ashamed at how idiotic you believe me to be.”

I left Carlisle's. I was emotionally drained, but I knew I had a very important errand to run before I could rest. I checked in with Felix to make sure he had what I needed. When I received the confirmation, I headed in the direction of the club. I pulled on black leather gloves and tied my hair behind my head before getting out of the car. Felix let me in the back door, and I went straight for the office.

I grinned when I saw what was waiting for me. “Hello, Emmett.”

He was thoroughly tied to a chair, a gag in his mouth and hatred in his eyes.

“The devil’s little sister is here for a play date. Doesn't that sound like fun?” He grunted and rocked the chair, trying to knock it over.

“Tsk, tsk. That won't do you any good.” I move closer to him, pulling my long blade from the sheath that hid under my bra. “I thought that first we could go down a list of our sins.” I used the tip of the knife to dig into his thigh. He squirmed and tried to scream against the gag.

“First off, there was you and Jasper treating me like shit my whole life because you felt like you were better than me. Second, there was you and Jasper plotting to have my father killed when you heard I was going to inherit the money and the Family.” My knife carved deeper, cutting a slice through his pants. “And of course, you left me to die when I was shot at the warehouse, but when I ruined your plans by living, you set out trying your best to torture me.”

I moved my hand, cutting a hole in the seam of his pants at the crotch. “You and Jasper told me I needed to strip for you if I wanted to eat. You thought I was broke, that I had nothing without my father's money and protection. Well guess what?” I leaned in close as I nicked the sensitive skin of his scrotum. His muffled scream was the highlight of my life. “I have all of Daddy’s money. I have a mansion and a nice car. I have Carlisle’s ear, and he does what I tell him to do.

“You pimped me out to men you owed favors to, do you remember that? Didn't matter how much I fought, how tough I thought I was. You threw me to the wolves and let them eat me alive.” One swift jerk had a long slice opening up the length of his pathetic dick. He hollered against the rag, bucking in the chair again. “I learned to carry this knife with me at all times, and no one ever touched me again without my consent. Except for that night last week, when I was working and you thought that if you couldn't whore me out you’d just rape me.” I stabbed him repeatedly in what was left of his balls. He whined and his eyes rolled back in his head. “Just in case you’re unclear why you have to be tortured before you die.” I laughed at that. “All those times you and Jasper thought you could talk me into sleeping with you. Too bad you never figured out how to get me alone for that.”

Tears were rolling down his face and collecting in the gag. I smiled at the pain in his eyes. “You tried to chain me down, but you couldn't stop me. I just learned to work behind your back. Everything you have is because you stole it from me. You thought you could destroy me if you tried hard enough, but I have news for you.” I jerked my hand again, cutting half way across his limp dick. The noises he was making would have been loud if they'd been full volume, but instead they were pathetic.

“You blamed me because you were so pitiful as to need me.” I cut his flesh the rest of the way off, and his body had gone still. There was no fight left in him, just a puddle of blood on the floor at his feet and his cock in my hand.

“Do you know what I’m going to do with this?” I asked as I held it up for him to see. I pulled off his gag, knowing he was too weak to yell at this point.

“Please,” he whispered.

“Don't be begging for your life now; that’s a lost cause.”

Without focusing on what I was doing, I pulled out his tongue to open his mouth as far as I could and shoved the hunk of mutilated flesh in there. His eyes widened and he spluttered before I got the gag back over his face.

“See, Jasper thinks that you've betrayed him. I set up a shipment and had your men go and collect it all. Not one of them survived by the way, so I hope you weren't fond of any of them. Jasper is going to receive word that you’re tied up and waiting on him. He’ll kill you for me; you know he won't put up with you double crossing him. And I’ll have it all on tape.” I leaned in and whispered the truth in his ear, words that were for him alone.

The crying and choking was truly pathetic now. “There, there, little pig. You should have known I’d eat the wolf and don his suit. Too bad you were too stupid to see what was right in front of your face.”

I went to the door and knocked three times. The return knocking sounded five times, so I knew the hallway was clear. Felix came in and went about setting up the camera while I alternated watching him and watching the hall.

“Jesus, Bella, how do I hide all that blood?” Felix grumbled.

I smiled sweetly. “Push the chair up under the table and wipe his face clean.”

He did as I suggested, and from the door it looked like Emmett had been bound and gagged and was waiting for his executioner. Felix taped a note to Emmett’s chest reading For Jasper.

We left through the back, me not touching anything until I reached my car; Felix was going to drive me home. I pulled off the bloody gloves and stuck them in a waiting trash bag and used hand sanitizer to feel less like I was covered in nastiness, but I would need a bath, preferably a scalding hot one.

The day may have started with a screaming match, but it had ended with serving Emmett’s dick to him. And I was perfectly fine with that.



 



2 comments:

  1. I am not even going to ask where you got that pic. Oh yeah, you know which one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of searching to find one that wouldn't make us all sick.

      Delete