Wednesday, June 27, 2018

1,500 Acres Chapter 7

As we ate the reheated dinner Rose left for us, Edward told me that he and Emmett had accomplished everything on my list and then some. I told him that my surrounding neighbors were coming over in August to help harvest the wheat. It was the first time in years, and it would save me bruises and cuts, sore muscles, and even crop losses. Around here, the community helped each other out without having to be asked. It was a small community and one I loved. I hadn't felt very much like I was a part of it since I was a teenager, which was a pity, but things were changing. They’d accepted me back into their circle without question.

“When I sold my truck, I made a deal with the grocer to deliver meat and staples monthly. I pay him a delivery fee, but I suspect that he’s sneaking in a discount somewhere, because my bill keeps going down. He even throws in the olives and pickles I like. Since I can provide my own fresh ingredients like milk, butter, and produce, I freeze what I have to so he doesn’t have to come so often. I miss something as simple as going to town and having that interaction. I used to be in and out, because I was timed, but I could say hello and try to feel like a normal part of the world. It was really the only time I got off the farm, so this place began to feel like a prison after a few years.”

“It must have been hard on you, to be abused and then be trapped on the farm you love with your abuser.” He covered my hand with his as he spoke, and I turned my hand to clasp his.

“I would saddle Maria and take off some days, and I would tell him I had to attend to the apple orchards or I had to fix a fence. He was busy during the day with all the work that should have taken three men. He still noticed if I was gone too long, and I even came back with apples.” I stared over Edward’s shoulder for a few minutes, visions of the past playing like a slideshow before me. Evenings were the worst, when he had nothing to occupy his time but me.

“Bella.” He said my name so tenderly, I was brought back to the present.

I looked down, feeling a flush on my cheeks. “Sorry.”

“Don't ever apologize.”

“I don't mean to disappear, but sometimes my mind wanders.”

“That’s okay. It really is. If you ever want to tell me what you’re thinking, I’ll listen.” He gave me a small smile.

I smiled back at him, wondering how he’d gotten to be so mature. “The apples are almost ready for picking, and I want to make everything I used to make. Rose promised to come back and help me pick them and set them up.” I was excited about it, because it was one of my favorite times of the year. I noticed Edward was staring at me, and I glanced down to make sure I hadn't dropped food on his shirt, the only thing I’d thrown on.

“What are you staring at, Edward?”

“What? Oh.” He blushed, and it was so attractive. “You, I guess.”

“Is that so?” That warmed me from the inside, and desire rose quickly within me.

“Yes, it is.”

I got up and moved to straddle him, feeling free and completely amazing. His chest was bare and begging for my touch, and his hands gripped my hips as I rocked over him, making it impossible not to notice that he was hard underneath me. It made me gasp, the way his body connected with mine. I rocked again, and he lifted my shirt, pulling it off and tossing it over his head. I was naked in my kitchen, and the only barrier between me and this man was his boxers; it was more than a first, it was something I’d never even imagined. Instinct took over as I arched my back, lifting my hands to my hair to push it over my shoulders. Edward’s mouth closed over one of my nipples and I cried out, clinging to his head and holding it to me. Dishes clattered to the floor as Edward stood and laid me back on the table, and my breath came so fast I couldn't catch enough air. He loomed over me, pulling his underwear off and running his hands over me. I watched his face, needing to see the passion in his eyes as he touched me. I found I couldn't close my eyes without fear returning, and there was nothing to be afraid of here. There was nothing about Edward that I feared. I wouldn't let that old emotion ruin what we had.

Everything about him was rock hard as he stepped close and entered me. My legs wrapped around his waist to pull him closer, and I knew nothing but Edward as he made love to me. His hands were on my breasts again, and I felt a tightening low in my belly that I’d never known before. The table shifted across the floor, and I couldn't even be bothered to care. His muscles strained as he pushed into me over and over, and I clutched at his forearms. It was right there, something I knew I was reaching for but couldn't find, and then it hit me like a tidal wave. It washed over my body as I shivered and my legs went taut.

“Edward!” His name ripped itself from my throat as he came undone over me. It was incredibly hot to watch him as he gained such pleasure from my body.

He leaned forward, bracing his hands on the table and kissing me. I cupped his cheeks and held on as his tongue moved with mine. When he stood up, he pulled me with him with gentle hands on my back. Something was stuck to my behind, but I didn't want to know what it was. I was a little unsteady on my feet, absolutely unsure what the hell had just happened, but totally willing to do it again.

“Fuck, Bella, are you okay?” His concern was touching.

“Besides the fact that there are crumbs stuck to my butt and I think you broke a mug?” I laughed at the sheepish look on his face. “I’m fantastic.”

Now his face lit up and I grinned. “I’ll clean this up.” I thought he meant the kitchen floor, but his hands moved over my bottom and brushed the crumbs away.

“You just want an excuse to touch me.”

“I really do, but can you blame me?” He kissed me again and massaged each of my cheeks in his hands. We were both panting when he pulled away.

“Edward, you might be starting something you can’t finish.”

“Who says I can’t?” he teased, grinning and bending at the knees to pick me up. My legs went around his waist automatically, and I gasped as his penis nudged me again.

“Are you seriously ready for that again?”

His grin was huge as he set me on the counter by the sink. I yelped at the cold on my backside, and he laughed at me. I reached over for the sprayer on the sink, but he was faster. Water dripped down the side of my head as he squirted me before dropping the sprayer. I wanted to be mad, to find my practical side as I thought about the fact that I prepared food on this counter. Instead, I took charge, grabbing his face and pulling him in for a kiss. Using my legs, I forced him closer to me and moaned as his hardness teased over an area I now knew gave me huge amounts of pleasure.

“Oh, please, Edward. Again.”

I realized that I felt powerful because Edward lusted after me. I needed what he could give me and I felt safe with his strength, but he needed me too. He grunted as he pressed forward, and I traced my hands over the long, lean lines of him. I found that he liked it when I grabbed his ass and encouraged him to join with me. It was overwhelming to the point that I dropped my head to his shoulder and held him as his muscles contracted under my palms.

“Yes, Bella, God, right there, you feel so good.”

Shifting in search of that release, my hips tilted upward and I cried out in surprise at the way his movements continuously rubbed me the right way. His response was a loud rumble that started deep in his chest and made its way up to my ear. I looked up into his eyes as he lost control.

“Yes, yes, yes, yes,” I chanted, amazed that my toes weren’t curled with the way they were tingling.

It seemed that time stopped when he tensed and came inside me, little aftershocks of pleasure racing up and down my spine proving that it could be truly outstanding between us.

“Is it wrong that I’m fucking proud that you’ve come twice now?” he whispered in my ear. He kissed the shell of it and I shivered.

“Not as long as you keep figuring out how to make it happen.” I still hadn't let go of his fine, fine ass.

“Now we’re going to need a shower,” he pointed out.

“Too bad mine are all tiny, or I’d share one with you.”

Edward straightened up and looked at me. His smile was big, his features relaxed and happy. I was positive my expression matched his. “How about I move my things into your room while you’re showering?”

“That’s a great idea.” I touched his cheek, and he leaned into my hand before turning and kissing it. He helped me off the counter and we went our separate ways.

I found myself humming as I showered, and I laughed at myself. I was giddy. For the first time in my adulthood, I was carefree and sexually satisfied. I was worshipped and adored. My heart beat faster as I thought about spending the night with Edward in my bed. Would he want me again? Would he be able to make love again soon?

Damn, I certainly hoped so. There was an ache between my legs that reminded me to go slow, but for once I didn't care to be cautious. I reminded myself of my vow to enjoy what time I had left with Edward. He would stay in my room, he would sleep in my bed, and he would give me pleasure like I’d never experienced.

My summer was looking up.



No comments:

Post a Comment