Friday, June 15, 2018

FAÇADE Chapter 8



I'll keep you close and keep my secret safe
There's a darkness down inside me that I know we'll both enjoy
I have left this bloody nightmare in my wake
And I won this deviation by design
When I'm dying for you I've never felt so alive

~Stone Sour, Song 3

When Bella proved she would keep me on my toes.

“Hey, Tony, I need to ask you to help out with tonight’s shipment.”

Emmett’s voice over my phone’s speaker surprised me a little. I didn't know they wanted to promote me.

“Are you sure you don't have anyone else?” I asked warily, sitting up in bed and rubbing my eyes.

“Are you turnin’ me down, Di Stefano?” he demanded.

“Of course not, I’m just surprised you trust me with this.”

“I’m not making you lead man or anything, I just need an extra pair of hands to unload. It’s probably a one-off for now, but yes, I trust you.”

I sighed in relief. “Give me the details so I can write them down.”

After I hung up I had to go in search of Bella. I’d woken up in the guest bed, a tiny bit disappointed to be alone, but it was the best night’s sleep I’d gotten since I went undercover. I made a stop in the bathroom before going toward the kitchen, happy to smell coffee. When I turned the corner from the hallway, I had to stop short and close my eyes.

“What the fuck are you wearing, Bella?” I swear to God, she’s trying to kill me.

“What? It’s what I sleep in, Tony.”

“Don't you ‘Tony’ me. That is not what you sleep in.” She was only in a tank top the color of the sky and a pair of panties that didn't even pretend to cover her ass cheeks.

“It’s what I slept in last night,” she returned.

I sighed heavily and rubbed my temples before opening my eyes and going to the coffee pot. I did my best to ignore Bella as I grabbed a mug hanging on a mug tree on the counter. Only once I’d taken a sip did I turn around and take a seat at the table. My gaze only settled on her eyes, dark and hiding something.

“Emmett asked for my help on a shipment tonight. I need to know what I’m walking into.”

She didn't say anything, just picked up her phone and started texting. I tamped down my impatience and drank more coffee while she waited for a response. Finally her phone vibrated, and she read the message before setting it face down on the table.

“Looks like they have a tour boat coming in, with a small amount of drugs hidden in the storage compartments. I’m not sure at the moment what the drugs are specifically, but that hardly matters. If Emmett trusts you to help, you can't bust this delivery.”

“I’d figured that part. It wasn't about that, unfortunately. I know I have to let their illegal activities continue until I get the answers I need. But believe me, it chaps my ass to think of them spreading that crap on the streets.”

“And what a fine ass you have,” she said with a smirk.

“Ha. Ha.”

She stared me down for several seconds. “You know, we should talk about the apartment.”

“Should we?” I retorted.

“Now that you know I have a house, it seems unfair to make you keep sleeping on the couch. As long as you keep your mouth shut about it, I'll stay here and you can have the bedroom back.”

I leaned forward. “And who am I gonna tell? Besides, I really should get a bigger place since I’m bringing in more of a commission. I need to make it look realistic.”

“Yes, that’s a good idea. I’ll stay here until you find something.”

“So magnanimous.”

Her eyes narrowed lethally. “You should be grateful I haven't put a bullet in your brain yet.”

“Ah, therein lies your conundrum. You need me.” I took another sip of my coffee and watched her fume. She stood abruptly, and I didn't allow my eyes to wander as she moved behind me. My instincts were pretty good; I knew precisely what she was doing as she opened and closed a drawer behind me, so the loud sound of the slide being pulled on a handgun didn't even make me flinch. I was positive she wasn't that ruthless, not to mention that she truly did need me to help her find out what had happened to her father.

“What is stopping me from pulling this trigger?” she demanded through clenched teeth. I enjoyed getting under her skin and she made it so easy.

“You. Need. Me,” I repeated slowly, sipping more coffee. The barrel pressed into my skull. “Go ahead, princess.”

The sound that came from her throat was absolutely a growl. “It’s so goddamn tempting,” she grumbled.

“Tsk, tsk, taking the Lord’s name in vain.”

She heaved a sigh. “Yeah, well, my revolver doesn't have a religion.” She finally pulled away from me and put her gun away, slamming the drawer for effect.

“Now that you’ve had your tantrum, do you feel better? You and I both know you don't have the balls to kill a fed in your kitchen.”

“Ugh!” she yelled.

One thing I would realize much later, when I had way too much time to dissect every little thing that had transpired between us, was that arguing with me sent Bella over the edge. Her temper flamed her desire, every time.

Taking me by surprise, she slid onto my lap and latched her mouth to mine, biting and sucking my lips. I’d tried my best to tamp down my desire as she walked around half dressed, but it rose up now and knocked the wind out of me. My hands went to her ass cheeks, my fingers pressing and seeking the spot to make her moan. And moan she did, into my mouth as our tongues moved with each other, tasting like coffee. Her hands were tangled in my hair and she ground against my erection.

“Clothes, Edward,” she panted.

My cock rejoiced at my real name on her lips, and I pulled away to whip my shirt over my head. Her mouth moved to the skin of my neck, nipping at my pulse before she moved lower to kiss my chest and sink to the floor. My breath stuttered as she pulled down the waistband of my pants, and my cock stood up and practically waved at her. Her mouth closed around the head and I cried out at the pleasure of it. She spent a few moments bobbing up and down, and I felt it every single time she pulled me to the back of her throat. I gripped the edge of the table and held on while Bella swallowed me.

My eyes were closed when she let go of my cock and sat back in my lap again, this time with her underwear pushed to the side, but they popped back open as she sank down over me and rode me hard, her hips pumping over me as I felt the tightening in my balls. I grabbed her tits and squeezed, pinching her hard nipples until she screamed my name and clamped down on my dick. A few more thrusts into her body, and I was coming so fiercely my head swam.

“Why is it that you only want sex when you’re pissed at me?” I asked.

Her head was on my chest, her hair tickling my chin as I breathed harshly. She didn't answer my question, merely got up and left the room. I sat there and stared at the clock on the opposite wall as my heart rate slowed to normal.

She was a dichotomy, a mob princess and a stripper, swearing that she didn't want to get involved with me and then fucking me every few days. The sex I would definitely not complain about, it was the dicking around in between that bothered me. She didn't have to keep me satisfied to keep me in line; she knew enough of my secrets to not only ruin me, but to have me killed. I was beholden to her regardless of what sexual favors she did for me.

She definitely kept me on my toes.



No comments:

Post a Comment