Friday, September 1, 2017

Right Where I Want to Be Chapter 12


Just watching Edward fascinates me; his profile is sharp, from the line of his jaw up to his cheekbones. He shifts gears, and I watch his hands with their long fingers as they wrap around the head of the shifter. Serious heat is building in my core, until I'm positive I'm radioactive. And then he turns his head to look at me, and I'm done for, shifting in my seat and reaching a hand over to his crotch.


“What are you doing,” he growls.

“I think it's pretty obvious,” I answer, rubbing the evidence of his arousal.

“You should stop that,” he says mildly.

“Why?” I stroke more insistently, and he can't shift his legs in a way that interrupts my efforts and still drive the car.

“Because this is you being in charge, not me. Your antics will result in a punishment.”

I frown, but move my hand to rest on his thigh. “Interesting shift, sir. I don't recall you being in charge during our other encounters.” I watch him again, his jaw twitching as a muscle tics. He’s a complete mystery; he hasn’t divulged any personal information at all, not his last name, or occupation, or where he lives. Considering that's where we're going, I feel like I should ask. I'm almost positive he's not a serial killer, but, really, what do I know?

“I can almost hear the wheels as they spin, Bella. What are you thinking?” Edward rests his hand on top of mine, and it's warm and strong as he flexes it, squeezing my fingers.

“That I hope you're not a serial killer, or my night is going to go a completely different direction than I planned.”

He laughs at my honesty, and I like the sound. It makes things happen in my belly. “Nope. I just tend to be blindsided by you, and you're only now seeing a more true version of me.”

I figure I can live with that. I glance out the windshield as he pulls into a complex; it’s a very high end community. “Just as I suspected,” I murmur. “You're Willy Wonka in disguise, aren't you?”

Edward laughs again, and I join in. “You've found me out. Please don't tell anybody my true identity.”

“Of course not, I wouldn't dream of jeopardizing the careers of the Oompa Loompas.” I gasp wildly, enjoying our banter. “They aren't going to tie me up in your basement and force feed me candy, are they?”

He pulls into a spot labeled ‘Cullen’. One mystery solved. “It's a condo. No basement.”


3 comments: