Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Right Where I Want to Be Chapter 21


I meet Rose for lunch as soon as we’re both available, considering how much she and I have to discuss.

“Alright, Hale, spill it. Are you really dating a detective?”

She sits across from me, crossing her long legs and resting back against her chair. “Don’t beat around the bush, Bella,” she answers in her droll manner, one arm draped over the back of her chair.

“You know I won’t. I tell you everything, but I have to find out you have a boyfriend like this?” I tap my fingertips on the tabletop before crossing my arms and mirroring her easy attitude.

“Look, he started off as a romp, and I had no idea what was happening until it happened.” She leans forward, narrowing her eyes on my face. “I don’t tell you about every one night stand, but I did say something when I first met him.”

Rose settles back in her chair again as the waiter comes over, tripping over his own tongue as he tries to take her order first. He looks to be in his teens and blushes furiously.

He turns to me, and his already wide eyes grow another inch in diameter. I laugh to myself, because I really did dress to kill today. I give him a gentle smile as I order, turning my attention back to my friend as he races off. “The last guy you told me about was after that bachelorette party for your cousin.”

“Yeah, the guy that I mistook for a stripper, ironically.”

“Didn’t you say he was seven feet tall or something absurd?”

Rose laughs. “Bella, I was exaggerating. But he is tall, and fine, yes. He comes around all the damn time, like an adorable puppy dog. I can’t resist him, BB.”

“That’s because your pussy is weak, and she runs the show.”

“My pussy is strong enough to crack walnuts, bitch.”

There’s a loud clatter right next to us, causing us to both look up in shock as the waiter drops a tray full of glassware and a basket of bread. His cheeks are tomato red as he stumbles backwards over the mess, stuttering apologies before fleeing to the back.

“Poor kid,” Rose chuckles.

“Heard more than he intended, I guess.” We look back at each other over the empty table and dissolve into laughter.

“At any rate, my pussy is not leading the charge on this guy. He’s incredibly thoughtful, sweet, and respectful. And you have no damn room to talk, confusing good dick for love,” she adds archly. I choose to overlook her comment, but I’m interrupted before I can move on.

“I’m so sorry, ladies, let me get you new drinks and check on your orders for you,” an older gentleman comes up to the table rambling.

“It’s fine,” I dismiss him with a wave of my hand. We have more important things to worry about. “So, Rose. What do you say to opening a dance studio with me?”

 

2 comments:

  1. So I read these after I read the chapter, better yet... I look at the pictures... LOL...
    CH.20&21 and the guy behind me at Chick Fil A just literally choked on his chicken... LMAO...
    I guess he saw Ch. 20 pictures... Bwhahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so hilarious! Maybe he should mind his business, lol.

      Delete