Friday, September 22, 2017

Right Where I Want to Be Chapter 22


“You want this grand dame to teach toddlers to pirouette?” she asks, her brows arched into her hairline.

“No, no, I was thinking more like pole dancing, striptease moves. For the horny housewives, or anyone that wants to do it for exercise.” I want to take a sip of my drink, but we still don't have any. “No children. I wouldn’t have the patience for them.”

“Okay,” she answers, drawing the word out.

The older guy comes back around, I’m assuming he’s the manager, and places our drinks in front of us. He gives us napkins, silverware, and appetizer plates while he’s at it. I look up at him until he catches my gaze, and I maintain eye contact while I speak to him. “Please give our apologies to the waiter. Our topic was rather inappropriate for young ears. I wouldn’t want him to suffer any long term repercussions for his mistake. Do we understand each other?”

His complexion goes straight to purple, and he stutters when he chokes out an affirmative answer. Rose looks at me with humor all over her face. “What are you doing to the men in this restaurant, girl?”

“That waiter is so young, I’d be surprised if he’s graduated high school. He needs more training and experience, not to be reprimanded or even fired.” I glance up to be certain there’s nobody standing close. “You were going on and on about your platinum cunt; the poor boy is lucky to be alive.”

Rose laughs so loud that other patrons turn to stare. She merely gives them her feline smile. “So, platinum hoo-hahs aside, are you serious about the dance studio? Because I’ll admit, getting out from under Jake the Snake would be awesome.”

“I agree. I have capital, I just need manual labor and another teacher.”

“I think it’s a great idea. We’ll have to find a place, and file for permits, and God knows what else.”

“It just so happens my boyfriend is in mergers and acquisitions, so I can pick his brain and utilize his realtor.” I grin; I’m more than excited about the prospects of this new venture.

“I’m in.” My best friend grins back at me, and I know in my gut this is going to work.

“When do we quit the club?” I ask.

“Let me think about it. It should be a grand exit, don't you think?” She smiles evilly, and I laugh.


 

2 comments: