Sunday, May 28, 2017

Angry All The Time Chapter 19



I never dreamt of doing him no harm

I always seem to pull him down

He'll be floating away
Floating away
Hope he floats right back to me
He'll be floating away
He'll be turning away
Oh, gravity
Damn, gravity
Oh, gravity
Damn, gravity
He keeps drifting away
Hope he floats right back to me

~Okay Kaya, Damn, Gravity


October 2009
EPOV

I knew that Bella was unhappy. I felt guilty, though I was immensely pleased that she was no longer under the thumb of such a slimy weasel. She wanted, needed, something to do with her time. She was not the type to stay inside all day around the house and watch television.

To say I was stunned when she was fired would be a massive understatement. I still hadn't wrapped my mind around all of it, but I had most definitely called the university and found the chain of command, speaking to higher authorities than one Jessica Stanley. I insisted they launch an investigation into all of this, and I'd been assured that someone was reviewing security footage from the parking garage. I was absolutely furious to hear that Bella's scum of a boss had started stalking her and she hadn't said anything to me. It was a bitter argument when I got home from work the day that she was fired.

I remember that I was surprised she was already home; she no longer arrived before seven in the evening, yet there she was at a quarter 'til five.

"Bella? Are you sick?" I found her curled up in our bed, the covers to her nose. She was so still that I was partially undressed before I noticed her. It was actually the sound of her sniffling that caught my attention.

"No," she whispered.

I pulled my phone and the change from the day out of my trouser pockets, placing them on the dresser. Out of habit, I turned my phone back on, watching the screen light up as I unbuttoned my dress shirt.

"You're home early, I thought maybe something was wrong. . ." I trailed off as several notifications popped up on the screen of my phone. I frowned, reaching for it. "Son of a bitch," I swore, running my hand roughly through my hair.

I dropped my phone back on the dresser and moved around to the other side of the bed. Kneeling, I pulled the duvet away from Bella's tear-stained face. "My phone was off; I was in a client meeting, and I came straight home when we were finished. I just now saw the texts from Jasper." She wouldn't look at me, just stared over my shoulder. "That job sucked, baby. It'll be good for you to be away from there."

Her reddened eyes flicked to mine, then back to a point behind me. "I don't care about the job. I care about what they said about me."

"What do you mean?" I asked her in confusion.

"Mike turned everything around on me, made me out to be a stalker and claimed I couldn't meet my deadlines, so they fired me." I couldn't help but notice that her voice was dead, devoid of emotion.

"Couldn't meet the ridiculous deadlines he enforced? I wouldn't care about that either." I sighed, then something she said hit me. "Wait, he said you were stalking him? Is that . . .was he following you around?" I ground out. She didn't answer me. "Bella!"

"Yes, okay? He appeared at the truck more than once. He was always at my desk in the mornings, even though I was coming in early. Turns out he was just keeping track of my hours to report back that I was incompetent!"

"He was STALKING YOU!" I roared. Bella cowered back into the bed, and I worked hard to modulate my voice. "Whatever his pathetic reasons, he was following you around and making you miserable, and you never said a word!"

"It didn't matter," she insisted.

"You matter! You matter to me, damn it!" I groaned in frustration, scrubbing my hands over my face and lowering to the floor to sit in front of her. "I thought we agreed you would tell me absolutely everything that fucker did."

"I was trying to protect you." Her voice was so small, and she had her body curled up in the fetal position. This had been going on for too long.

"You can't protect me by lying to me," I said harshly. She flinched, and I sighed.

"You take on too much, I don't want to add any stress on you."

"You have to take care of yourself if you want me to not worry about you. Stop worrying about me, and expecting me to not worry about you!" I didn't understand her logic.

The tears were rolling down her face, trickling sideways across her nose and into the pillow. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me, Edward." My heart squeezed painfully at her statement. "I want to worry about you, to make sure you're always okay."

"Then I reserve the same right." I stood, leaning over her and kissing her on the head. "You should get up, get a bath and let me make you something to eat. And maybe call Jasper, because he's still blowing up my phone," I glanced over as another notification beeped on my phone.

~~~oOo~~~

The girls and I were trying to distract Bella from boredom, but it wasn't working. I came home early when I could, and Rose and Ali would stop by during the day and drag her to lunch. Rose was incredibly blunt with her opinion of Bella's old boss, and the way she handled the situation. She made Bella promise to knock off the shit and communicate with me more.

She was still bored.

She job hunted, but she was understandably not secure in her ability to find work after having such a scandal in her previous position. I told her repeatedly not to worry about income, just to find something to make her happy.

I came home from work one day in November to find Bella in the entryway, stark naked. She had one of my ties around her neck, and she was running her hands down it, between her breasts. My gaze travelled down as I dropped my briefcase on the floor, and I groaned at the sight of red stilettos and long legs.

"Did you have a good day, Edward?" she rasped sexily. I think I whimpered loudly.

"Did you?" I countered as I adjusted my erection in my pants. I moved closer to her, and I was positively salivating at the view in front of me.

She pushed my suit coat off my shoulders, running her hands down my arms and grabbing my hands in hers. She backed up into the living room, pulling me with her. She stopped at the couch and pushed me down. I reached for her, but she backed away, a teasing smile on her face. Whatever had happened that day, she was in a playful mood and I was going to gleefully reap the rewards.

When she leaned forward in my direction, I couldn't help but take her breasts in my hands. The tie dangled between us as she started unbuttoning my shirt, and I palmed her breasts, rolling the tips in my fingers. She bit her lip, and my gaze focused on her mouth instead of her tits. When she shoved at my shirt, I helped her take it off, then her hands went to my zipper. She worked at my belt and pants, shoving open the fly and reaching into my boxers.

She made a soft sound as she wrapped her silky hands around my cock, and I leaned back and moaned at the feeling. She had me throbbing with the way she was teasing, so hard it was uncomfortable. When she stroked me the way she did, it made that aching both better and worse.

"Baby," I whispered, then licked my dry lips. "You're driving me crazy."

Bella smiled wickedly. "Good."

She stood straight again, and I whimpered at the loss of contact. She turned around, running her hands down her thighs to her knees. My hands ran over her ass as she bent over, and this time she was the one whimpering. One of my hands stroked her wet pussy from the back, the other circling around her plump ass. My dick was practically begging her to sit on it, but she didn't. She straightened again, turning back to face me and placing a heeled foot on the couch between my legs. She ran her hands from her ankle to her knee, and my hands followed suit.

"Baby, do you want me to come all over this couch?" I breathed out.

"Maybe," she responded. Instead, she grabbed the waistband of my pants and yanked. I stood with her, working to toe off my shoes and push my pants off at the same time. She pushed me back down on the couch, crouching and pulling my socks off. I was officially more naked than she was, and she finally straddled me, trapping my leaking cock between us.

"Mmm, you're killing me," I moaned.

She merely smiled, pushing her tits into my face and running her hands through my hair. I absolutely devoured her gorgeous breasts with my mouth and tongue, reveling in the sounds of pleasure coming from her throat. Finally she lifted enough to position her wet entrance over my eager cock, sinking down and setting an urgent pace.

I was thinking that she'd turned herself on with all the teasing, because her breathing was harsh and her moans guttural as she rode me. I twisted the tie around my hand, pulling her in to kiss her deeply, stroking my tongue urgently in her mouth.

"Oh, God!" she cried against my lips, and her hips faltered. I grabbed them, helping her move over me, meeting her thrusts until I knew I was going to explode. "Ohhhh. . .Yes, Edward!" Her orgasm spurred mine, and I held her tight as my dick pulsed inside her, the walls of her pussy clamped down like a vise.

Bella sprawled limply over my chest, and I stroked her back softly. I was trying to catch my breath when she spoke into my skin.

"I'm going to be volunteering at the library. I start tomorrow."

"That's the best news I've ever heard," I stated.

She looked up at me. "Why?"

I gestured to her naked body draped over mine. "This was the result."

She giggled, and my heart felt full.

oOo

December 2009

Christmas was good for all of us. We hadn't spent as much time together as we would've preferred, so it was a nice change to slow down and talk, and to just be ourselves.

Charlie kept hinting about grandbabies, and I was surprised it was him and not Renee. We'd been married for 8 months by then, and I wasn't even sure how Bella felt about having children that early in our marriage. I decided I would ask her the next time we were alone.

We were smart that year, making the drive on Christmas Eve and spending the day with the Swans. Charlie and I spent a good amount of time talking about fishing; it was something I had not really done since I was a child. I promised him we would come out one weekend soon and he and I would spend the day on the lake.

Bella and her mother talked endlessly about the new house. Renee was more than happy to lend a hand decorating, since it wasn't really Bella's thing. Alice had already done an amazing job with the furniture and paint, and my piano sat in the room off the kitchen. Other than the master, the bedrooms upstairs were empty.

When it was time to head to my parents' house, Bella was teary eyed.

"I never spend enough time with them anymore, Edward." She swiped at a tear and sniffled.

"So have them over. For New Year's or a weekend in January. You and Renee can spend all the time you want on the house, and your dad and I can fiddle around in the garage."

She smiled up at me. "Yeah, maybe I will."

We spent plenty of time at the piano at Mom and Dad's house, since everyone loved singing carols. When it was almost time to leave, Emmett stopped everybody in the dining room.

"So, Rosie and I wanted you all to know. . .one of my swimmers was Superman and now she's knocked up!" He boomed an ecstatic laughed and grabbed Rosalie, who actually blushed as he swung her around. The joy was bright on their faces as they spun, Emmett finally setting her carefully on her feet. He kept an arm around her waist and kissed her soundly before allowing the rest of us to hug them in congratulations. My mom was actually crying, she was so happy for them.

"Ma, no crying allowed! It's a happy occasion!" I teased her.

She laughed and swatted my arm before hugging me. "Happy tears, son. Let me be."

Emmett and I had grown up together, and I knew that Mom felt like he was one of hers. She would spoil their child as though it was her very own grandchild, too. "I know, I'm just teasing." I kissed her cheek. "Merry Christmas, Ma. I love you."

She cried a bit harder, squeezing me tightly again. "I'm proud of you for being such an exceptional young man, and an excellent husband. I love you, as well."

Suddenly I was the one with a tear in my eye. Bella caught my attention, smiling at me from Emmett's embrace. He liked to make her and Ali squeak when he hugged them. Mom and Bella hugged, and I saw them talking. It was definitely time to have a discussion about babies.











No comments:

Post a Comment