Sunday, May 28, 2017

Angry All The Time Chapter 4



Love
one another,
but make not
a bond of love;
let it rather
be a moving sea
between the shores
of your souls

~Khalil Gibran

Edward knocked on my door at 9:30. I tripped over my feet as I rushed to open it, thankfully breaking my fall on the back of the armchair. Then I couldn't seem to work the simple deadbolt, so it felt like twenty minutes had passed by the time I wrenched open the door.

There he was, my own personal Greek god. Sculpted from creamy marble, bronze locks holding onto tiny droplets of water from the rain. His leather jacket smelled heavenly, and his black jeans were absolutely painted on. Helplessly, I leaned into him, standing on my toes and raising my mouth to his. He caught up immediately and claimed my mouth with his own.

This was the first time we'd actually kissed. There had been plenty of times that Edward had kissed my head, my hands, but this was full glory. He pulled my upper lip into his mouth, sucking on it; he backed me into the apartment, shutting the door soundly behind him. I didn't even realize I was pushing against him until his back met the door. His hands were in my hair at the base of my skull, and his long fingers gripped my head like he was afraid I'd disappear. I slipped my tongue into his mouth, and he moaned as electricity seemed to shoot between us. This did wonderful things between my thighs, and they clenched together.

Coming up for air, I felt his chuckle vibrate through his chest. "I like this greeting very much," he growled as his lips descended on my throat. Tilting my head back with the hand still in my hair, Edward thoroughly ravished my neck and jaw. My legs turned to jelly just as he pulled back, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I met his eyes, my brown reflecting back from his green.

I started laughing.

An eyebrow went up. "I amuse you?"

"Oh, God," I gasped. "Not you, me." I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. He finally joined me.

"You did attack me," he pointed out.

"That's what's so funny! I've really been wanting to do that," I admitted. Though I didn't get as much time on that jaw as I would've liked, the day had just begun.

Brunch was good, and I was stuffed, so we walked around a bit before heading back to my place. We didn't have solid plans for the time before Alice and Jasper showed up, so we were in no hurry.

"My parents are really great," I said as we meandered along. The rain had abated for the time being, though the clouds were still heavy. "They've always supported me in everything. I was never terribly popular, so I guess I spent a lot of my time with them. They've been married for such a long time, but they're still romantic with each other. My dad doesn't show too much emotion, but he'll grab my mom now and then for a hug or kiss, and you just see the love."

"Mm," he responded. "We're a close family too. Alice was the popular one; I just wanted to write music." He gave me one of those crooked smiles, where only half of his mouth turned up. It was really sexy.

"You said piano, right?" I glanced down to his long fingers.

"Yes." He nodded.

And suddenly all I could think about were those fingers and what he could do with them. I cleared my throat. "I would enjoy hearing you play sometime." I realized my voice was husky.

Edward looked down at me, and we both stopped walking. The rain started up again lightly, but it didn't faze either of us. Bending his head, Edward leaned in to my face. "Should we go back?" he murmured, brushing those luscious lips across mine softly. I wanted to devour him, so I figured it would be a good idea to go. He grabbed my hand, and we dashed through the rain back towards my place.

When we returned to my apartment, I let us in quietly and set the keys on the table by the door. I turned to Edward, and he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I could feel his heart against my cheek where it beat under his shirt, and I breathed in the scent of leather, rain, and just Edward. I felt his lips on my head, the breath that he exhaled ruffling my hair. It felt incredibly right to be held by him.

"Do you-do you feel it, too?" I asked almost silently. I held my breath waiting for his response.

"I do, Bella. I feel like we belong with each other. I feel like the luckiest man to have met you." He led me to the couch, where he sat and pulled me down sideways across his lap. Our lips met again, hands skimming arms, faces. I tugged his hair, putting it into more disarray than usual. He softly ran his fingertips over my cheeks, down my jaw to my neck, and around to the base of my skull.

Impatient with his coat, I pushed it off his shoulders, and he helped me take it off his arms and then tossed it somewhere on the floor. His hands found their place in my hair again, and his eyes were such a dark jade as he looked at me greedily before dipping his head. His tongue found the hollow of my throat, his hands massaging the back of my neck. I might have whimpered when he tilted my head and ran his tongue behind my ear, sucking the sensitive skin there.

My face was flaming, and my internal temperature must have been rising as well. I was only grateful when he shoved at my raincoat until it fell off my shoulders, but then my hands were trapped behind me. For some reason this excited me, and I arched my chest toward his. The friction of my nipples against the hard planes of his chest caused me to moan, and he lifted his head from my throat to look at me.

"You like that, don't you, Bella," he said, and it was not a question. It was obvious I was on the verge of boiling over. His head lowered, and I gasped loudly as he took one of my nipples between his teeth, through the fabric of my shirt and bra.

My hands were still in my coat, trapped behind my back. I struggled the rest of the way out of it, and my hands were in his hair, holding his head to my chest. He teased each one in turn, leaving wet spots on my shirt. Shifting, I straddled his legs with my own. I looked directly in his eyes as I rolled my hips. I could feel his erection pressing through his jeans, and thanked whatever sex god there was that I had decided to wear leggings. He felt amazing, right where I wanted him most. His long fingers gripped my hips as I rolled them again, and I was rewarded with a loud groan. My hands fisted his hair again as I kissed his lips roughly, nipping the bottom one between my teeth.

Needing the friction, my hips rocked faster of their own accord. My head dropped back as my orgasm built. His hands moved, and then one long finger stroked me over my leggings. His other hand gripped my hip, holding me still. A second finger joined the first, and he managed to catch just the right spot.

"Oh my God, Edward!" I cried out as the orgasm washed over me. My thighs clenched against his as I tried to breathe evenly and come down from my high. Then I realized that I just humped Edward on my couch.

Lifting my head, I looked sheepishly up at him. He was wearing a big ass grin, so I didn't feel too bad. "I didn't plan for that," I said quietly. My body was like molten lava, so hot, but loose and soft.

"I'm not complaining," he said, but then he reached down and adjusted his pants.

"I didn't. . . I mean, you didn't. . ." I wasn't sure what to say. Sorry you didn't get your rocks off too?

"That's ok," he laughed. "I was dangerously close. That's why I stopped you. As wonderful as it felt, I don't have a change of clothes, and we're expecting company."

"We are?" I clapped a hand over my mouth. "Oh, God, Alice! Jasper! I need to clean up, or at least brush my hair. Jesus, I must look a mess," I rambled.

"Don't panic. I'll straighten the living room, you head to the bathroom." He kissed me gently, and I scrambled off his lap to fix myself.

~~~oOo~~~

Alice and Jasper arrived on time, carting bags full of groceries. We were making carbonara and a salad, so I got started frying the bacon. Alice moved around me fluidly as she washed and chopped the veggies for the salad. It was like we'd done it hundreds of times.

"Brunch was excellent, then we walked until the rain got to be too much," I told Alice. I thought I would be more awkward than usual, but instead I felt completely at ease. Jasper sat at the counter watching us work, while Edward opened the wine Alice brought and set the table.

"We took a drive, then had lunch together at Michou while it rained. It's at Pike Place, have you been, Bella?" Alice was chopping yellow bell peppers as she spoke. I shook my head.

"It was nice to look at the stalls and pick what we wanted for dinner. We'll definitely have to go back and spend the day; there's so much to do there," Jasper said. I was not oblivious to the fact that they were making plans for future dates.

"Have you never been, Jasper?" Edward asked from the table. He was almost done setting out the silverware.

"No, I'm not much for shoppin'," he answered. "I knew there were restaurants, but never thought to go. Until Ali suggested it, that is." He grinned at her, and she blew him a kiss.

I glanced at Edward; he was smiling softly, so I hoped that meant he approved of my best friend and his sister. I dumped the noodles into the bacon pan and stirred them around, then whipped a few eggs before adding them and stirring some more. Alice added some green onions at the end, and I smiled in thanks. We had a synchronicity going that I enjoyed.

Dinner was loud, full of laughter and good-natured ribbing. The Cullens were so easy to get along with, and Jasper had always been comfortable with himself. I was usually the spaz in the group, but instead I felt like I belonged with these three people. We fit together like a little family, and I loved it.

The boys cleaned up the kitchen after dinner while Alice and I sat on the couch and drank wine, swapping stories about Forks High. She was younger than me, so the three of us were rarely together. We most likely ate in the cafeteria at the same time, but I would never have dreamed of asking to join someone's table. I always sat with Angela. Alice admitted that she would sit with Edward, since it was easier than navigating cliques.

It was odd to me that we'd grown up in the same town, but never met until we were adults. And we hit it off now as though we'd been friends from the cradle. I was thanking my lucky stars as everyone left that evening. It had been magnificent.






No comments:

Post a Comment