Monday, April 16, 2018

12 Days of Christmas- 12

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

When two people who've lost their way come back together to create one.

Part Two- The Beginning

When they woke late in the morning, they discovered their little cabin had been snowed in. Bella laughed at the snow drift that had built up outside their door, blocking them inside their cocoon.

Edward raided the mini bar for chocolate and liquor, and they ate leftovers from the party placed in the fridge the previous night by an employee.

While they sat naked together on the bed, he realized it had been a very long time since he'd seen her without her clothes on. He was dying to ask her why she'd wanted a divorce; he didn't think it was merely the hours he worked.

Satisfied with the night and the morning, Bella sat against her husband, resting on his chest and running her hands over his forearms. "How do you manage to stay so toned when you work so much?" she murmured, tracing the definition of his muscles.

He frowned. "I use the gym in the company's building."

"Oh." Her continued movements nagged him, but he couldn't place why.

"Does it… bother you… that I don't?" she said hesitantly.

"Don't what?" His frown deepened, and he covered her hands with his. "Bella, what's going on? What was last night really about?"

She wouldn't look him in the eye, even when he shifted his head to try. Finally he grasped her face and stared until she met his gaze.

"I've gotten fat," she whispered, hating the tremulous sound of her voice.

There was nothing but silence as he tried to process her absurd words, and she felt ashamed for having pointed it out.

"What? What the fuck are you talking about?" This confused him almost as much as when she'd asked for a divorce.

"I've gained weight over the last year. At first, it was only ten pounds and I didn't care so much. Then it was twenty, and thirty, until I had go up a few sizes. I feel fat, and the women talk about me behind my back, only they don't know I can hear them." She was sobbing at the end of her tirade, and Edward had wrapped his arms her and started rocking.

"Baby, I don't care. I never have. You're beautiful to me, and I love your body. Didn't I show you last night how much I love it?"

"I didn't know. I didn't know!" she sobbed.

"If I made you feel bad about yourself because I never thought to tell you I didn't mind the weight, or I forgot to compliment you, I'm really fucking sorry." He thought about something she'd said, and he was floored. "What women?" he demanded. She shook her head. "Tell me!"

"Your employees," she mouthed.

"Are you kidding me? My employees had the gall to disrespect my wife? Which ones?" He untangled himself and stood, forgetting his nakedness. "I'll fire them right now, tell me which ones!"

She'd never been more turned on by her husband as he stood there, undignified as he paced naked, indignation all over his face. His cock was partially hard, raised and pointing in her direction. She giggled through her tears. She couldn't help herself, she giggled at the absurdity of it.

"Edward."

"Did you just laugh at me?" He strode to her, pulling her up to her knees to meet his height.

"You look wonderful, pacing like a proud lion around the room."

His grin was quick, and he pressed his mouth to hers, devouring her lips with his. "You were gorgeous at the party last night, did I forget to tell you?"

She snorted. "It took me two months to find that dress, and I stuffed my fat into Spanx to look decent."

"What the hell is a Spanx?"

She giggled again. "Body shaper. Don't worry about it."

"Well, your tits looked amazing, as they do now." His hands were everywhere, and she moaned as he dipped his head to lick at her breasts.

"What about Tanya?" the words lurched out of her mouth unbidden.

His movements came to an abrupt halt. "What does my assistant have to do with anything?"

Bella sighed. "I didn't mean to say that."

"Come on, now you have to tell me. Has she done something?"

Bella sat back, pulling a pillow around to hold in front of her. "She told me she was going to sleep with you," she said in a tiny voice.

He inhaled sharply. "What?" He felt like that was all he'd been saying for the past two days.

"Every time I was there, she would criticize my outfit, my hair. She told me you were tired of me, that I was the fat and ugly wife, but she was the young and exciting mistress."

He took her shoulders, sitting next to her on the bed. "She's fired. I'll call her today and tell her. That's despicable, I cannot believe she said all of that."

"You can't fire her on Christmas Eve, Edward." She traced patterns on the pillow in her lap.

"The fuck I can't. No one talks to my wife like that!" he shouted.

"I should have told you."

"Yes, you should have. How long has it been going on?"

Bella looked at the pillow she was fidgeting with. "Since the day I met her."

Edward groaned. "No wonder you were sick of me. Bella, you know that none of that is true, right?" She didn't answer him. "Right?"

"The others whispered that you stayed at night to fuck her in your office, because you were tired of your dumpy wife."

Her voice was quiet and pained. Edward felt his heart break for his wife, because he'd been too foolish to notice that his staff was hideous. He scrubbed his hand through his hair.

"They fed your insecurities, and it damn near ruined our marriage!" he was back to pacing, only this time Bella didn't find it funny.

"I understand that you're mad at me, Edward."

"Mad at you? I'm fucking pissed at the staff I trusted! They've betrayed me by doing this." He knelt by the bed, taking her hands. "I do wish you'd told me." She gave a wan smile, and he brushed her hair off her face. "I don't ever want you to feel unwanted or inadequate. I love you, and your body turns me on."

He brought her hand down as he stood, and together they stroked the fullness of his cock, the proof that she did indeed turn him on. When he moved over her, pushing her back into the bed, she smiled genuinely at him. She'd been foolish to not tell him what she'd been feeling, but she'd been afraid of rejection. The insecurities were in her own head, not a reflection of how he felt.

"I love you, and that's never going to change," he repeated his words from the night before as he nipped at her skin. She wrapped her legs around him and was thrilled at the strength she had to pull him to her.

When his cock slipped inside her waiting body, she felt more connected to him than she ever had before. She felt like they were a team again.

"They're all fired," he groaned, working his hips against hers. "I'll hire hot men for you to ogle."

She laughed breathlessly, running her fingers through his hair and dragging his lips down to hers. "I only want to ogle you," she responded.

"I love you, my gorgeous wife."

"I love you too, Edward. I love you so much."

They had the best Christmas of their marriage that year.




No comments:

Post a Comment