Sunday, May 7, 2017

Perdition, Teaser Chapter 13


There’s silence for a few seconds as Edward and I look at each other warily. Then, he speaks.

“When I close my eyes, I still see you. No matter how hard I tried to forget you, I couldn't. I tried to force myself to stop loving you, to replace that feeling with hatred. After all, I was justified in that, wasn't I?” He brushes my hair out of my face, and I sigh.

“Where do we go from here? I know I'm an anathema, but I'm not backing down from this now. I'll do whatever it takes to rid this town of it's infestation, no matter who hates me.”

“I don't hate you, Bella. I told you I would love you forever, and you still have my heart," he murmurs. His face is so close, and I glance at his mouth as he leans even closer. My heart rate spikes as I breathe him in. He smells so familiar, and his touch is like the happiest memory of my favorite place.


No comments:

Post a Comment