Sunday, May 21, 2017

Perdition, Teaser Chapter 15


“That girl has me wrapped around her little finger. I’m her father. I just worry that Emmett will get out of jail and want her, and I wouldn't be able to deny him.”

“Oh, honey,” I pull on his shoulders until I'm wrapped around him, soothing the only way I know how. He hugs me back, breaking down and crying against my neck. “Emmett wouldn't do that to you, would he? He can be involved, be her uncle, but he must know that she's happy and well adjusted living with you. You’re the only father she’s ever known. I don’t think it would be good for her if he were to swoop in and claim her. He needs to think about what’s best for her.”

“You might be right, but it's a fear I've held onto for years.” His voice cracks and he wipes his face.


No comments:

Post a Comment