Thursday, June 8, 2017

Perdition Teaser Chapter 21


“Um,” Emmett starts, stepping closer to the bed. “I won’t take Malone from you, you know that, right? I know you’re best for her. If things had been different, I could never have been half the dad you are. I just want you to know, I’m Uncle Emmett until she’s old enough that you think she’d understand. I just want to be in her life, however you think it would work best.”

My eyes tear up at his confession. “You’re my brother, and I’d do anything for you, even give you my little girl. But I don’t think that would be best for her, and I have to think about her well-being.”

Emmett nods. “She’s really taken to Bella, I noticed. They have this crazy level of understanding, it’s like she was meant to be her mom.”

Now I do cry, glancing again at Bella. “That’s what I want.”

“That’s what you’ll have,” my big brother replies as he smiles at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment